Saturday 12 October 2013

Chicken in Headphones


Recently I have been exhibiting and selling my work in The Print Shop, a new pop-up shop in Quakers Friars in Bristol. 
I thought it would be a good opportunity to have a go at screen-printing my first round of t-shirts. 


So I remembered a little drawing I had done a while ago, of a chicken wearing some headphones. It's become apparent that I have a thing for chickens. They have appeared a few times in my work, some times sporting a funky suit or a fascinator. I also love music, and decided my chicken did as well. 




My t-shirts are £15, I've printed some small, medium and large, in a range of colours. White, light blue, charcoal and a darker blue. As a studio member of Drawn in Bristol, I get to use the facilities there. 

The t-shirts will be back on sale in The Print Shop in November, up until Christmas. 
I also exhibited my t-shirts and other work in Art on the Hill last weekend, a lovely arts trail in South Bristol, surrounding the amazing Victoria Park.