Thursday 7 February 2013

Day 7:

I’ve made good progress with my print of an elephant, today. From initial sketching, cutting stencils, experimenting with colour to starting the final piece. I also added little figures to the print of the Taj Mahal.

Then this evening Aditi took me, on the back of her scooter, to the opening of an art exhibition at a great studio called ‘Space’. There are lots and lots of artists and artist’s studios in Baroda. In India, it’s the place to be if your...an artist!




Some sketching and rolling out and mixing colours. The bottom right elephant is the final one in progress.  


Adding some little people to the Taj print puts the size of the building in perspective.


One of the paintings from tonight's exhibition. I love seeing loads of colour and on a big scale. It looks like it would have been fun to do and has really given me an urge to get my paintbrush out.